Wednesday 24 January 2018

They Both Die At The End - by Adam Silvera



Title: They Both Die At The End
Author: Adam Silvera
Published: 5 Sep 2017
Series: -
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: 
On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They're going to die today. Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they're both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There's an app for that. It's called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure and to live a lifetime in a single day.




I listened to this one as an audio book and I’m very glad I did. The two different voices of Mateo and Rufus came out well.

I heard about this book from Little Book Owl on YouTube who loved it so I decided that I'd pick it up too.


"You may be born into family, but you walk into friendships. Some you'll discover you should put behind you. Others are worth every risk."

Reading the title, one would think it would prepare you for what's going to happen - that they're both going to die at the end. However you would be sorely mistaken, which is exactly what happened to me. If you decide to read this book, make sure you have a box of tissues with you towards the end.


One good thing about They Both Die At The End is that it's not just the pair of boys finding each other, going for a walk and then oops, you're dead at the end. There's more to it than that. Rufus and Mateo do go for a walk, but there's a party, quite a few life-or-death situations, and love.


"I've spent years living safely to secure a longer life and look where that's gotten me. I'm at the finish line but I never run the race."

I will definitely be reading more of Adam Silvera's books after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment