Wednesday 7 February 2018

This Night So Dark - by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner





Title: This Night So Dark

Author: Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Published: 7 Oct 2014
Series: Starbound #1.5
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis:
Tarver still has nightmares about the night, six months before the Icarus crash, when he rescued civilian researchers held hostage by brutal mercenaries. Now he and Lilac reconcile his memories of that night with the truth uncovered after the crash. 





This book short connects the first two novels - These Broken Stars and This Shattered World. It also includes chapter preview from book two in the trilogy, This Shattered World.

This was a nice, quick read via my Kindle app on my phone. It didn't take too long to read and it was quite addicting when I got into it as I wanted to see what happened next.


I think my favourite thing about this short is that between the chapters, you can see Lilac and Tarver having a conversation about the dream that he is recounting to her.


Lilac and Tarver are my favourite pair in this series for reasons I don't quite think that I can explain.


It was good that we got to see Tarver deal with civilians, rather than just soldiers like he was used to as it shows how he can deal with whatever odd situations he gets put into.


At the start I did like Gil Fisk as he was a nervous little new recruit, towards the middle I didn't like him for obvious reasons if you red the short, but by the end I didn't mind him as he did help Tarver. To me, that did redeem him just a bit.


__________________________________________________

All books in this series:

    1 | These Broken Stars
 1.5 | This Night So Dark
    2 | This Shattered World
    3 | Their Fractured Light

No comments:

Post a Comment