Wednesday 10 January 2018

The Puppet's Tattered Clothes - by Alan Bray



Title: The Puppet's Tattered Clothes
Author: Alan Bray
Published: 25 August 2014
Series: -
Rating: 2 stars
Synopsis:
When Kevin meets a family of traveling puppeteers, he finds a glimmer of hope in his broken life. Intrigued by the inner workings of the complex and delicate puppets, Kevin accidentally breaks one while exploring the potential secrets that lie within. Will Kevin be able to repair it without the owners finding out, or will his careless mistake cost him the chance for a new future and the affection of a young woman?




I received a signed copy of this book from a Goodreads Giveaway.

While I really liked the idea behind this book, it wasn't written as in depth as I would have liked it to be. I would like to know what happens between Kevin and his mother in the end and what happens after the family goes on tour some more.

I personally think that the book needed to be fleshed out a bit more as it only read as roughly 43 pages long.

At one stage in the book some of the puppet's are sitting in a chest leaning against the sides while the broken puppet lays in the middle -- as this happens I thought that it was a Toy Story sort of moment where the puppet's come to life and all the others don't want to be his friend any more, etc, and saying that "You're not a real puppet any more; you're just a broken toy" but in a way I was sad to see that this never actually happened.

Other than having to flesh out the plot quite a bit more, I did like the story and the characters. Especially Carly as she was my favourite character.

No comments:

Post a Comment