Wednesday 10 January 2018

Star Child: The Cosmic Birth - by Paul G. Day

Title: Star Child: The Cosmic Birth
Author: Paul G. Day
Published: 29 March 2013
Series: Star Child #1
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis:
Almost 900 years into the future, the aging Starship Destiny is nearing the end of its long voyage. On board is the only survivor of Earth, a young girl called Tamsin. Raised by Destine, her humanoid companion, she struggles to comprehend a past she was not part of and a future she finds difficult to accept. Surrounded by robots on board a sterile ship, Tamsin will discover that Destiny has many secrets and that Destine is not who she appears. Over three sprawling books, Tamsin unravels the past, piece by piece, while she comes to terms with her own destiny and the fate of all humanity.



I chose to read this book as I recently read another of Paul G. Day's books called Children of Mars which I found to be very good. I liked the story a lot and I can't wait tot read the next book in the Star Child series by this author one day too.

My favourite character would have to be Tamsin followed by Destine. Not only do I love both of these names, but I can see the bond between them even though Destine is still, at her basics, a robot companion that helps run the space ship that they're on called Destiny. I'm not entirely sure why as I can't quite place my finger on it, but I do know that they're my favourite two.

The only problem that I can think of with this book is that at the end I'm not one hundred per cent sure whether they lived or died when coming down to the planet whose scientific name in the book was "Kepler 62f". That is probably explained in the next book though or else I may have just been over-tired when I was reading and overlooked it somewhat.

This may have only been the second book I have read by Paul G. Day, I have found that he writes the Science Fiction genre and female characters of the future very well.

Would I like to hear anything more of the planet they arrived (or didn't arrive) on? Sure I would! But again, I have a feeling that may be in the next book once again.

Now to try and get my grubby little bookworm hands on a copy of the second book in the Star Child series!

No comments:

Post a Comment