Wednesday 10 January 2018

Circle of Nine: Beltany - by Valerie Biel


Title: Circle of Nine: Beltany
Author: Valerie Biel
Published: 24 Sep 2014
Series: Circle of Nine #1
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis:
“Since I was a little girl I've been labeled a freak in my small town. There’s no blending in when your mom practices an ancient pagan religion and everyone believes she’s a witch. On my 15th birthday my secret wish is the same as always – to just be normal. But that’s not what I get. Not even close.” – Brigit Quinn
Instead, Brigit is shocked to learn she’s descended from a legendary Celtic tribe - powerful people who serve as guardians of the stone circles of Ireland. A spellbound book of family history reveals the magical powers of her ancestors. Powers that could be hers - if only she wanted them.
And when someone sinister and evil returns to steal her family’s strength, Brigit has to make a decision. Fight to keep her unique heritage or reject it for the normal life she’s always wanted.

I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Circle of Nine: Beltany was a very well written book by Valerie Biel. This was the first time that I have read about Ireland or it's history and I actually quite liked reading about it.

My favourite part of this novel would have to be getting to read the book that was given to Brigit Quinn by her mother about their ancestors. It felt like I was really looking through her ancestors eyes and seeing what they got up to in each of their own eras. I think that it would be cool to read a copy of the ancestry from each woman's point of view rather than just the few though.

Brigit may have thought that her mother seemed weird to other people, but I agree with her and think that her mother was pretty cool.

At one stage I did think that Bigit was going to end up with someone else in Ireland, but I think that the author was right to keep Brigit's boyfriend and her together as it also kept his grandmother in the picture - giving Brigit's mother a reason to tell the story of their past together.

If you like reading about the history of Ireland, or even Ireland itself then I would say this book is one you might like to read.

__________________________________________________

All books in this series:

    1 | Beltany
    2 | Novella Collection
    3 | Sacred Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment