Wednesday 13 June 2018

Across the Universe - by Beth Revis

Title: Across the Universe
Author: Beth Revis
Published: 11 Jan 2011
Series: Across the Universe #1
Rating: 3 stars
Synopsis:
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder. 
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.
Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone—one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship —tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.
Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


I listened to this as an audiobook.

The narrators of the audiobook did a really good job with their parts as the book alternated between two points of view.

I might have heard about this book once or twice, but not enough to stick in my head entirely. What mainly made me pick up this book was the beautiful cover. The colours and the design of it too.

So I do what any reasonable person would do when faced with a crying girl - I get the frex out of there.

I think we've all felt that that at one point or another too. Angry at the world, sad beyond tears, feeling so alone that you think nobody cares, and feeling like if you made one wrong move then you would completely fall apart.

Across the Universe was written well as you could picture the ship and everything that was happening and the different levels of the ship too.



Because if I wasn't holding on to myself, I think my body would fall apart like a puzzle lifted at the corners.

Spoilers!


I guessed that Orion was the last Elder who had supposedly expired, and by the description of the scar I guessed that his Y comm had been taken out too. I also guessed that he was probably the one pulling the plug on all the Frozens. It turns out that I was right about all of these tings.

End Spoilers!

__________________________________________________

All books in this series:

    1 | Across the Universe
    2 | A Million Suns
2.5 | As They Slip Away
    3 | Shades of Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment