Wednesday 30 January 2019

Illuminated - by Aditya Koppula




Title: Illuminated
Author: Aditya Koppula
Published: 23 March 2018
Series: -
Rating: 2 stars
Synopsis:
"Illuminated" is an anthology of poems on love, pain and hope . It takes you on a profound journey that mirrors deepest emotions we go through in different stages of love. 
You fall in love with Aditya's fascinating felicity and his perception of love as you read through 50 beautifully written poems. 
A must read for everyone.





Poetry has never really been my thing, but this was fairly short coming in at only 55 pages with one poem per page, so I figured that I would give it a go.

I do know that not all poems rhyme, but some of these did and some didn't so that annoyed me a little bit. Just like art in any form, everyone will see poetry differently - no one answer is right or wrong. However I do feel like most people will relate to at least one of these poems.

Some of these were cute and I could picture the scene unfolding, but others I wasn't quite sure about.

The poem title I Love You is a short poem, but it makes sense and shows how some people can feel when they realise that they're in love with someone.

My favourite poem out of all 50 was probably Caressed as I can clearly picture the scene in my head, but it's still short enough that I don't lose interest in the poem.

Your breath has the fragrance of grassland
Your skin is smoother than beach sand
Your sweat has an aroma of natural oil
That can never be found on any soil

One question I have about Smell Of You is about the first two lines - it was a little weird comparing someone breath to grassland, but my main issue is that I personally don't think that beach sand is very soft. Try getting that out your clothes!

Two Sides Of The Same Coin gave me flashbacks to high school though. So did a couple of the other poems.

Another question I have: What's the picture on the cover? My guess is that it's two people embracing, but I can't quite tell as it's a fairly faint sketch. I do the love the font that was used for the title though.

It may not have been for me, but it's short enough that you can always try this one for yourself! Like I said at the beginning - everyone sees poetry differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment