Wednesday 25 July 2018

The Dream Thieves - by Maggie Stiefvater




Title: The Dream Thieves
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Published: 17 Sep 2013
Series: The Raven Cycle #2
Rating: 3 stars
Synopsis:
Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after…




All of us have secrets in our lives. We’re keepers or kept from, players or played. Secrets and cockroaches — that’s what will be left at the end of it all.

I listened to this as an audiobook.

I sort of liked how Maggie put her own cars into it - the Mitsubishi Evo with the knife down the side and also the Camaro.

I haven't read a story before where a character can pull things out of their dreams and make them real and that seemed like a really cool idea. I like that we get to see more of Ronan in this book too.

"There aren't terrible ideas," the Gray Man said. "Just ideas done terribly."

Matthew is so precious and innocent and I want to wrap him in a blanket and cuddle him all day.

Chainsaw stacking random things on top of the cheese cracker she had - the sock, the bottle cap - so Ronan couldn't take it back as quite amusing to picture.

I never knew that Chainsaw was a dream object until they bluntly said it though, so that was a little annoying. But I'm not sure whether that's my fault for not realising or whether it just wasn't pointed out.

In the way of most families, he expressed his difference of opinion by raising a small army.

Originally, I didn't like Mr Gray, but then I starte to like him a little. But by the end I wasn't quite sure how I felt about him. Mainly because he changed his mind about Ronana too easily, and because of what happened at the end between him and his brother, I think.

It's unique that the ending music of the audiobook was done by Maggie Stiefvater, but I'm not sure how I feel about the music itself. I wouldn't have picked it for myself, but some parts of it weren't too bad. Other parts of it I just didn't want to listen to at all.

So many of the world's problems, he mused, were solved by sheer human decency.

__________________________________________________

All books in this series:

    1 | The Raven Boys
    2 | The Dream Thieves
    3 | Blue Lily, Lily Blue
    4 | The Raven King

No comments:

Post a Comment