Friday 30 March 2018

The Remains in the Pond - by Ann Swann


Title: The Remains in the Pond
Author: Ann Swann
Published: 13 Nov 2017
Series: -
Rating: 2 stars
Synopsis:
Senior prom is the happiest night of Gabi’s life. Her crush has just revealed that he is every bit as infatuated with her as she is with him. When he has a car wreck and is transported to the hospital in a coma, Gabi feels as if she’s taken a knife to the heart. But his jealous cousin, Rose, sees her chance to give the knife an even harder twist. She convinces Gabi to meet her at a local parking spot outside town. It's a night that will change several lives forever. One of the girls will return, and one will become known as the remains in the pond.



I received a copy of this in return for an honest review.

This book sounded intriguing to me and like a mystery and, to a certain extent, it was.

The characters weren't too bad - I think Reece or Matt were probably my favourite, followed by Asa.

To me, the let down of this book was that it was less about the remains in the pond overall and more about Gabi's life and how she was getting on.

The answer to the remains in the pond were wrapped up in the final few chapters and felt a bit rushed. I personally would have preferred to hear more about the remains and less about Gabi's life during everything that was happening.

Besides that point, I think that the book was written well. Some creepy things did happen to Gabi which made me turn around when I heard a noise down the hall from my room, so I'd count that as a plus.

Also, to quote a Disney movie here, "You can't marry a man you just met!"

No comments:

Post a Comment